Monday, January 13, 2014

TONIGHT I WAS SET APART AS A MISSIONARY & I'LL ADD A NEW VERSE TO "I HOPE THEY CALL ME ON A MISSION"


Tonight I was set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It’s a little bit surreal. Beginning when you’re old enough to sing, they have you sing “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission”. All throughout your Aaronic priesthood years, your told over and over how this or that will benefit your mission, how you can or can’t do that on your mission, the stereotypes, the jokes, the myths, the rules, then your call comes, and everything finally starts happening!

I am ready. I am ready to be an ambassador for the Lord, to feed my spiritual fire, to speak with the power of the Holy Ghost and to bear witness of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Or at least I’m ready to start learning how to.  
 
I think I’ll add a new verse [to "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"]:

I’m glad they called me on a mission,
I’ll gladly serve a year, no, two!
I know the Lord will help me daily,
So I can teach and preach and work as He would have me do.

Elder Alec Mikesell

No comments:

Post a Comment