Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"I WILL NOT BOAST OF MYSELF, BUT I WILL BOAST OF MY GOD, FOR IN HIS STRENGTH I CAN DO ALL THINGS."


Hello all!

I will now go into great depth of my going-ons! My companion's name is Elder Wilson. He's a cowboy from Henderson, Nevada, and he's actually seen the name "Golf Cars Etc." a few times, haha! He's been out for 18 months and is essentially fluent in Tagalog and another language popular in the north called IIokano. He's an awesome trainer! One of our goals as a companionship is to work work work. He's pushed me really hard. We do our best to be our best. "I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things," Alma 26:12. Heavenly Father has soooooo blessed us as we've tried to work hard. The president was actually going to shut our area, Tuding, but sent me and him in as one last try. Through the Lord (because if he wasn't helping us every step of the way, we would accomplish NOTHING) our area went from only three or four lessons a week to about seventeen!

Apartment pics... and more apartment pics...

I'm actually struggling quite a bit with Tagalog. I've always fancied myself to be good with languages, but it's much different to be in a country around people who are verrry fluent in the language your're trying to learn. We've found an awesome family who I'll call the Rizal's. (Anyone who knows anything about the Philippines will get the joke.) The Rizal's are super humble. They have three kids, the father works in construction and the wife takes care of the home. The wife especially is really sharp about prophets and contributes a lot to the lessons. We teach a lot of lessons in our area, but unfortunately, we don't have many progressing investigators. We are trying to change that, though!

One of my batch-mates in Candon has actually already eat dog! This might freak some folks out back home, but here it is just another animal. He said it tastes like beef. He got a picture of them butchering it, too. Haha, hopefully no one just fainted! I love you all back home, keep the faith!

I'm in the Philippines!

Pics while traveling to the Philippines


Elder Mikesell III

No comments:

Post a Comment