Monday, May 19, 2014

THE RIZAL FAMILY IS GETTING BAPTIZED! I LOVE THIS FAMILY! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

The Pinoy family at their baptism! My companion let me baptize both of them!

Hello friends and family! Sorry for the brief letter last week, I will endeavor to be more thorough in this one. I am on cloud nine! Transfer day is looming very near, and we are reasonably sure either I or my companion will transfer. I love my area, the weather, my companion, and this language! So, according to the Lord's sense of humor, I will most likely: be transferring to Abra (hot as hell, I'm using that literally so not a swear word, and super politically dangerous, I'm told) I'll be given a disobedient companion, hard hearted people, and be forced to learn a language other than Tagalog, like Ilokano! But, I will go where the Lord wants me to go, say what he wants me to say, and be what he wants me to be!

The weather in Baguio is amazing right now, we're having a lot of success, and... the Rizal family is getting baptized! They passed their interview, they are super ready, and their family is making their first steps towards being together forever!!!

I'm surprised at how close sharing the gospel can bring me to someone else. Outwardly, I have nothing in common with these people and no reason to really be their friend, they are older than me, speak a different langauge, grew up in completely different circumstances and have children. BUT being a missionary compels you to care about people. I LOVE this family. I can see how humble and Christlike they are, how smart and patient Sister Rizal is, how hard working and humble Brother Rizal is, we laugh together every time we meet, the whole 9 yards. Serving a mission simply is the best decision you can ever make. Always easy, fun, and happy? Absolutely not. But it brings the most joy, makes you grow, and brings you closer to others and our Heavenly Father. I love being a missionary!

Also, Brandon is my favorite deacon-age sibling! I got his letters and pictures, and they made me happy :) I also got letters from Grandpa and Grandma Murtishaw and Mikesell and from Kelly! Those letters no joke make my day. It's hard to be so far from the people that care most about you. I love everyone back home! FEED YOUR FIRE!

Me with Sister May, my favorite member in Tuding


 

No comments:

Post a Comment