Monday, June 2, 2014

THE RIZAL FAMILY WAS BAPTIZED & THE MAGALING'S ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS COMING WEEKEND!

Hello Friends and Family!

My new companion, Elder Done. I got to stay in Tuding!

I am doing great! It's been a bit rockier, though. I actually stayed here in Tuding! I have a new companion from Arizona. His name is Elder Done! He has huge desires to be obedient and work hard, and we've been doing those things as a companionship! He wrestled all through high-school and is one of the chillest people I've ever met, haha. I'll miss Elder Wilson, but we all have to stand on our own at some point! Me and Elder Done are actually co-senionrs, but he's been in the mission longer than me, about 7 months now. He's had some rough companions in the past, sadly, I'm not sure if it's like this elsewhere, but the Philippines has a sad history of extremely disobedient missionaries. Don't worry, I will NOT get sucked into it, though, haha.

The Rizal family was baptized! Just to illustrate how great they are, Sister Rizal is praying to be called as a ward missionary and Brother Rizal has dreams of going to the temple. I don't know what I ever did to be worthy to teach people like them!

Elder Wilson, the Rizal family and me at their baptism!

We are baptizing another family this coming weekend, the Magaling family! They are both a bit older, and when we met them Brother Magaling had serious foot problems, so it was hard for him to move around, but they have been awesome! Brother Magaling understands doctrine so well and so in depth! Here's an example: (in Tagalog)

Me: "So Brother, this is the gospel of Jesus Christ that we've talked about. It has five parts, but we've taught you about baptism and repentance. Will you live these parts of the gospel?"
Him: "Why only live two parts? I'll just live all five."
Me: "..... Why yes. Yes you can." Hahahaha!!!!

We are, indeed, on foot most of the time, but because our area is so steep, if we are going uphill, we sometimes just Jeepney up to the top. We usually have to find our own investigators. The Filipino culture makes it easy to talk and share to people, but sometimes it is difficult to find people who are actually interested rather than just being polite. I'm learning more and more each week that the commandments are huge. Living them really makes our lives better. I see again and again how messed up people's lives get through breaking the commandments. But, in the end, that's why there are missionaries!

My district up until last week.

Haha, American missionaries are spoiled! We just got a dinner appointment, too, but the investigator is cooking ox tail with peanut butter... tell your missionaries to count their blessings, haha!

I love everyone back home, I love it here in Baguio, and lastly, FEED YOU FIRE!

Elder Mikesell


No comments:

Post a Comment