Saturday, June 28, 2014

I WANT TO BECOME LIKE MY DADS. EARTHLY & HEAVENLY

June 16, 2014

Being out here, I can't make a card or buy a gift card to Sportsman's Warehouse, but I can try to repay just a little of what my dad has done for me. I've heard it's Fathers Day! Here out on my mission, I have learned things about being a man. I'm not saying I'm becoming one, I'm still just a snot nosed punk with a name badge, but I have seen examples. Examples of men who I will never become. Men that don't care for and even abuse their families, who serve themselves before others, and who will answer for their actions at the last day. But, I've also seen men who give everything to their loved ones, who work themselves to the bone to feed their children, and who love and cherish their wives. That is the kind of man I want to become.

I want to become like my dads. Earthly and Heavenly.

From my dad here, I can learn to be unselfish, to always put the needs of others before my own, to serve my God even at the expense of my health and desires, and I can learn to become like a rock in the gospel. I can learn how to love and cherish my (very) future wife. I love you dad.

From my Heavenly dad, I can learn righteousness. I can learn to forgive others, to love others even as myself, and how to help my children exactly when, where, and how they need me. I can learn to always be there for them. I love my Heavenly Father.

Thank you and Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers, especially mine.

FEED YOUR FIRE!

Elder Mikesell


No comments:

Post a Comment