Thursday, January 15, 2015

FIRST CHRISTMAS IN THE PHILIPPINES WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF FIREWORKS

December 28, 2015

Me and fellow thugs / missionaries of my apartment Christmas Eve. 
This week was quite a week! The Philippines celebrates Christmas a bit differently than we do, but it's still quite fun! The biggest difference is the fireworks, haha, lots and lots of fireworks. Over the course of the week, I was able to Skype my family, be fed exorbitantly and watched the church's "He is the Gift" video about 50 times, but all of those things were wonderful! The "He is the Gift" video makes me feel the spirit every time I watch, especially as Mary looks up while holding the infant Christ in her arms as the drums stop. (chills). Other than that, it was a little difficult to feel the Christmas spirit without my family, or without even a hint of being cold, but that is honestly okay! I still enjoyed the actual purpose of Christmas, which is remember the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ!

Because the news is scant for this week, I would like to leave my very last email update of this year with my testimony.

I have come to know for myself that these things are true, independent of any person, people, group, organization, or influence other than the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is not imaginary, or just a concept folks made up to feel better about themselves or to make the unfairness of the world around them somehow make sense. He is real. He lives! He speaks to our prophets today as he did from Adam to Joseph Smith to Thomas S. Monson. I know from that same power that there is a loving Father in Heaven and that He works day after day to bring us home to Him :) In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Happy New Years!
Merry Christmas!
Feed your fire!
Gain light and truth!
Just keep swimming!
Elder Mikesell III

Me and Elder Guiuo getting Christmas gifts the day after from the Chan family in our ward!



No comments:

Post a Comment