Monday, December 15, 2014

CHOSEN TO WEAR THE MISSION SANTA CLAUSE SUITE (PROBABLY BECAUSE I AM THE FATTEST WHITE GUY IN OUR TRI-ZONE) & I FOUND MY NEW CAREER

My District
Hello fam and friends! First things first, the hurricane is like 500 miles away, so no need to fret :P Shout out to Kelly, dad and Kayla for emailing me and keeping me updated!

This week was one of the busiest weeks, evah! We had our tri-zone Christmas conference, and you will all be pleased to know that the mission president's wife chose me to wear the mission Santa Clause suite costume. This was probably because I am the fattest white guy in our tri-zone, but far from being offended I can sincerely say I was overjoyed. I believe I've found my new career. The only problem with the suit was its apparent lack of a beard, but you get away with what you can. The tri-zone conference was half dedicated to training and missionary matters and the other halt to food, gift exchanges, singing Christmas carols, meeting with friends in different districts, musical presentations, skits and watching a movie! We got to see How to Train Your Dragon 2! I was pretty dang excited. It was actually quite impressive from a writing standpoint. Kind of made me miss movies :P

Other than that in the pressing news, the news is actually quite scarce. Transfers will be announced tomorrow and my companion feels in his guty that he will be gone. You never know until you know, though. I certainly hope not because I love Elder Guiuo so darn much. The ward has been doing quite a wonderful job of making sure we are fed. I hardly have to buy groceries anymore.

In the latest investigator news flash, Brother and Sister Naghahanap are encountering difficulties. Because of problems with the birth, the price sky rocketed and Brother Naghahanap was forced to turn anywhere he could to find money. He also applied for church services but due to the discretion of the Bishop and the circumstances, he was denied. He hasn't been replying to us since and we're worried that he was offended. Please pray for him and his wife and their newborn, partially for their health and partially to soften their hearts!

Lastly, today is my 11th month mark. Just typing that sentence gave me this weird feeling in my stomach. All the cliche's because they are totally true: the mission goes by tooooo fassssst and the longer you've been out the faster it goes. I'll make sure to do everything possible so that there shan't be any regrets at the end of it!!!

Love you all :)

Feed you fire!

Elder Mikesell III

Brother Binyag's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment