Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ARINGAY - THE SMALL FISHING CITY WITHOUT A GROCERY STORE WHERE I CAN GET REGULAR PEANUT BUTTER

September 8, 2014

So, Aringay is the small fishing city I work in. It's between the ocean and the mountains of Baguio. The town itself isn't too rural, but it's small enough to not have a post office or grocery store where I can get regular peanut butter. The people here are VERY nice, and half the time are surprised to see a white person and almost all the time surprised that the white person in question can speak Tagalog. The Tagalog has gotten a lot better. I've been able to speak well for quite a while, but understanding what other people are saying has been very difficult. I'm finally getting it. It's really good to have a Filipino companion, as well, to help me. Elder Tolentino is from Quezon City, which is next to Manila, the capital of the Philippines. He speaks fluent English, and he's actually a lot more like me than both of the American companions I've had in the past. He did dancing and choir before his mission, and his whole family are members.

The family we need you to pray for right now is the Luzon family. All my other investigators haven't been keeping their commitments, so unfortunately, their baptisms have been postponed. The Luzon family's mother is actually the daughter of our last convert :) The father doesn't have a job right now, but he's looking. They have one son, very good people. Although, Brother Luzon is very quiet, it's hard to tell what he thinks sometimes. Sister Luzon is very prepared and has been coming to church for quite a while!

Love you all! Ingat!

Puppiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The best place to baptize ever, no clean up, haha!

A wig we found looking for slacks on p-day, my silly companion.






No comments:

Post a Comment