Sunday, November 29, 2015

THANKSGIVING FEAST OF FRIED CHICKEN, HAMBURGERS, FRIES & SUNDAES

OUR THANKSGIVING FEAST

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm not sure if I mentioned last week, the Philippines does not celebrate Thanksgiving. Instead, they start putting up Christmas lights as early as September :P but there is a whole lot of stuff to be thankful for, a lot of which I've noticed since I've been here in the Philippines. I think the list would go on for a while, let it suffice to say that there is much to be thankful for that I think we all take for granted, especially for those who are all in good ol' America. For our Thanksgiving feast, my beloved companion, Elder Dougal, called up Jollibee (a fast food restaurant here in the Phillies) and had them deliver, so we had fried chicken, hamburgers, fries and sundaes.

This week was good in general. We worked hard, and the Ricana family came to church again, so we're very happy about that! My companion also showed our area and the people to the new elder who will take over our area when we leave. His companion was sick, so I just stayed home with him while they went and did productive things.

So, I guess that's all for this week. I love you all.

Elder Mikesell III


No comments:

Post a Comment