Sunday, February 22, 2015

4 HOURS & 300 PESOS GOING BACK TO THE BOTANICAL GARDENS, APARTMENT WITHOUT POWER AND WATER FOR LAST FEW DAYS & A HUGE FAN OF CHANGE



Hello friends and fam!

This week was an interesting one. Among the highlights are the fact that I had to spend four hours and over 300 pesos (quite a chunk of change) going BACK to the botanical gardens to check with the care taker whether or not the monkey that scratched me had been vaccinated or not and the fact that our apartment, due to a series of unfortunate events, has been without power or running water for the last few days. In regards to the former, the monkey (although still a mean hearted and bitter soul) appears by all means to be healthy and as to the latter, it's been a great experience. I've become quite proficient at alternative cooking methods, showering and dish washing, haha.

However, my time in this area is definitely limited. My entire mission I've been 4 1/2 months (or three transfers if you're mission language savvy) in each area, and this is my last 3 weeks in this area if that holds. Although the work is a bit... challenging here, I'll miss a LOT of things here, including being so close to the mission office, the fantastic ward, my district mates and of course proximity to fast food. However, I'm a huge fan of change! Essentially:

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord
Over mountain or plain or sea
I'll say what you want me to say dear Lord
I'll be what you want me to be.

Love you all :)

Elder Mikesell III


Watermelon is yellow in this country. No one can give me a definite answer as to why... Elder Mikesell: giant lizard rider. Missionary cooking methods. The dish is pasta. The mug is hot chocolate.



My last area and evidence thereof. Monkey family :) awww. Owl gang. Cats are privileged to have mustaches here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment