Monday, June 1, 2015

EVERYONE IS DOING BETTER THAN BEFORE, BROTHER SIMBAHAN, THE VOICE OF GOD, A MAGICAL KEY AND SPARKS OVER BIBLE VERSES

First things first, I'm sorry, but I forgot my camera :P My bad, haha, but this was a good week fore sure! Our companionship, district, zone and mission are really trying to respond to the challenge Elder Bowen gave us when he visited us a few weeks ago, and the enthusiasm is downright contagious. EVERYONE is doing better than before! So much better! Me and my companionship, especially. So many of the problems I thought my area had were just me, a lack of faith, and mental limitations. I'm so grateful for the mighty servant the Lord sent to call us to repentance, haha. Just one experience I'd like to share today:

Brother Simbahan :P

Brother Simahan is a crazy old guy that lives only about 200 yards away from our chapel here in Narvacan. He's a really nice old guy and has faith in Jesus Christ. But he's also kind of crazy. :P To illustrate his... ahem... unique brand of craziness, you need to understand that he's quite a visionary man. He's told us that he heard the voice of God back in the 80's, that he was given a magical key by St. Peter which he used in the past to heal a mute, and that when he reads the bible he sees sparks over the verses. When he sees the spark, he then records the time and date at which he saw it next to the verse, and he believes those sparks are the Holy Ghost communicating to him which verses of the bible are true. Soooo, yeah, that's Brother Simbahan :P

We decided after a rough few lessons that we needed to teach him about the priesthood. Straight up, no dancing around it. He responded soo much better this lesson! He really liked the doctrine of the priesthood and he felt like it made more sense that God's kingdom would be orderly rather than random. I turned to my companion after saying something, but when I turned back to Brother Simbahan, he had his hand outstretched to shake mine with a big goofy grin on his face. When I asked him why, he told me, "Congratulations. I saw the spark in front of your face!" Sooooo because he saw the spark he believes that we were telling him as true and that we're prophets :P Which took some time to explain, haha, but I love the guy!

Things are going good. I love my mission, this people, and this gospel. I may or may not have a new companion by tomorrow, but I'll be sure to keep you updated on that :P

Feed your fire!

Elder Mikesell III

No comments:

Post a Comment